Feedback Here

fbook  tweeter  linkin YouTube
Global contents also translated in Chinese

Pakistan looks to stronger trade ties with Argentina

Pakistan and Argentina want closer business ties. In financial year 2015-16, Pakistan’s export to Argentina was around $52 million as against exports of $44 million in the previous year, an increase of 17 per cent. Pakistan's imports from Argentina rose 37 per cent compared to the same period last year.

Pakistan wants like farmers from Argentina to invest in the agriculture sector in Pakistan, share know-how on how to improve yields and also assist in improving the irrigation, which would result in more yields and less water consumption. The countries are examining the possibility of sending Pakistani farmers to Argentina so that they could learn from Argentinian expertise and improve their skills.

The countries will promote trade, commerce and economic cooperation, foster and organize trade and investment delegations, trade fairs, exhibitions, seminars and meetings etc. Argentina imports 60 per cent of its textile needs and the remaining 40 per cent are produced locally. Its textile clothing imports witnessed an upsurge of 27 per cent in the first quarter of 2016, which is an opportunity for Pakistani textile producers to benefit from the situation.

Pakistan exports various products including textile products, clothing, sports and leather goods to Argentina.

 
LATEST TOP NEWS
 
 
MOST POPULAR NEWS